Thursday, November 11, 2010

blah blah blogging!







Guess who's bloggin'! Finally. I'm jumping on the band wagon. It usually takes me awhile to jump on, but when I do I love it. It was that way with Harry Potter and the twilight series. So, hopefully blogging ends up being as dog-eared and page worn as my Harry Potter books.






I must first blog about Evan's first birthday! He turned one on October 23rd of this year. I made him a car cake which I was very proud of. I'm not usually this domestic. This is a sign that I may start to quilt, or make pajamas or even..............cook dinner!
The windshield and rear window are air heads and the side windows are flattened star bursts. The wheels are reeses peanut butter cups and the head lights and tail lights are mentos with tootsie rolls for the bumbers. It was a lot of fun to make and even more fun for Evan to eat!



He got to open presents, although he didn't really know what presents were, so we kind of had to open them for him. But once they were open he had lots of fun! He got a ball, a pillow pet and an activity table, along with some badly needed clothes.

Grandpa and Grandma Goodson were there along with Aunt Heidi and Uncle Justin and all their kids! It was a lot of fun.

That same day was also the ward primary halloween activity. For the first time, Evan got to dress up for halloween! Last year he was kind of just laying there. So we dressed him up as a President of the United States and Jeremy and I were his secret service. It was fun! You can't really see Evan's outfit (which is a shame because it took me forever to assemble everything) but he has a lapel presidential sticker, and a blazer and tie on. His stroller is his motorcade.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsay! Welcome to the blogging world! Evan is so cute (and so big). I think he looks like both of you. I am very impressed with the birthday cake, you'll be quilting before you know it. I'm still working on the making dinner thing. I'm supposed to cook something EVERY NIGHT?! That seems a little excessive, don't you think?
    The Halloween costumes are fun. You are so clever! (said with a British accent)
    Did you and Jeremy go see the midnight showing of Harry Potter? Some things are so much harder with kids. No more dressing up like Hermione... Well, I actually never did do that, but I missed my chance.
    *Disclaimer* Most blog comments aren't this weird. SInce it's your first one I thought I would clarify.
    I hope we end up in the same town next year!

    ReplyDelete